Sister Leonella Consolata Medical College is a Faith Based institution owned by the Catholic Archdiocese of Nyeri. The institution is situated in the Central region of Kenya, Nyeri County along Nyeri/Ihururu road about 7 kilometres from Nyeri town
The institution was started in 1946 as Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nursing to (K.E.C.H.N) by the Consolata Missionaries. It was then upgraded to Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (K.R.C.H.N).
The college is accredited by the Nursing Council of Kenya to train Kenya Registered Community Health Nurses (KRCHN) and Kenya Registered Nursing & Midwifery (KRNM) for a 3 ½ years course leading to the award of Diploma. It was initially accredited in 1938. The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVET) assessed our School of Nursing on 8th March 2016 and approved its registration under Section 20(1) of the TVET Act, 2013 for a maximum of 250 trainees.
Vision, Mission & Values
A leading college of choice in training professionals who are globally competent in health service provision.
To provide excellence in education, compassion to patients and overall development of health care professionals through innovation and technology with the help of The Almighty God.
There is a whole range of courses you can take.
1. DIPLOMA IN KENYA REGISTERED COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE AND KENYA REGISTERED NURSE MIDWIFE
2. OPERATION THEATER TECHNOLOGY
3. PALLIATIVE AND GERONTOLOGY
4. SOCIAL WORK, COMMUNITY HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENT
5. DIPLOMA IN COUNSELLING: HIV TESTING AND COUNSELLING IN COMMUNITY AND CLINICAL STINGS OPTION
6. DIPLOMA IN HUMAN NUTRITION AND DIETETICS MANAGEMENT
7. HEATH CARE ASSISTANT
8. ORTHOPEDIC PLASTER TECHNOLOGY
Be up to date with the school events.
Your Future Starts Here.
Here is a chance to build a better tomorrow for yourself.